Every day we have to make decisions. We choose what to wear, what to eat, where to shop, which route to work we should drive, and much more. The daily choices we make can have long term effects on our future, whether we like it or not. One way we can invest in our future and that of our community is by supporting local businesses. Is it really worth missing out on the big business discounts? Here are four reasons why buying locally is the best way to invest your money.
- It’s good for the environment. The closer your food is grown to you, the less toxic emissions are released from transporting it. Who doesn’t want to decrease their carbon footprint? Money aside, we need to invest in a healthier planet for ourselves and future generations.
- It’s an investment in your health. Local produce is harvested at its peak. That means it is fresher and healthier because it hasn’t lost its nutrients from being in transit for too long. Not to mention that fresh produce and handcrafted products just taste better. It’s a fact we can’t deny.
- You’re contributing to the local economy and creating jobs for your friends and neighbors. This kind of investment comes with a priceless return: the health and happiness of those you love. It can be devastating to a family that has to move away to find work. It is a hardship that countless employees and their children have had to face in recent years. Let’s do what we can to keep these lovely, hardworking people in our communities.
- Enjoy better service. Local businesses often hire people who have a keen knowledge of the products they are selling. You will find exactly what you’re looking for with the help of an expert. This will in turn save you time and money. Another plus is that they will remember their loyal customers and you will be treated as such. Be ready to be on a first name basis with the whole town.
How will you invest your hard earned money? Why not join the movement to support local businesses? Doing so improves our health and happiness. It betters and strengthens our communities and it even helps the planet as a whole. Buying locally really is the best investment you can make.
Latest posts by Jack O'Connell (see all)
- Taking Care of Business in Valencia - May 29, 2019
- The Best Financial Tips for a Recent College Graduate - April 27, 2019
- Why Choosing the Right Bank Can Make All the Difference - March 19, 2019