To “dress for success”is not merely a clever rhyme, but an idiom that is relevant to anyone that is seeking accomplishment and fulfilment in their careers. “Dress for success” carries the same meaning as the more dated phrase “clothes maketh the man”. Both express the belief that what you wear makes a difference. Up to 55% of another’s perception of you is based on your outer appearance, and you know what they say – first impressions last. Keep reading to learn a few tips and tricks to help you to dress for success. Dressing a certain way or being well-groomed may not make you a shoo-in for that job opening or promotion but it will give you a competitive edge and help you to nail any first impressions. These tips can be used outside of professional situations as well. For instance, if you’re looking to intimidate your competition at the poker table on your next night out. For practise, you should head to novicasino.com real money casino site.
Here are a few general tips that should always be on your mental checklist when getting ready in the morning:
- Your hair should be conservative and clean when it comes to style andcolour.
- Keep jewellery minimal.
- It’s better to cover any tattoos that are visible as they can be distracting.
- Remove facial and body piercings.
- Select accessories that suit your clothing instead of distracting from it.
- The best choice of attire is a matching suit in grey, black,or navy (solid or pinstripe), or a plain blazer with dress slacks.
- Wear conservative shoes that are clean and polished.
- Your choice of apparel must be conservative and professional.
- Make sure that your clothes are well-fitted (not tight), pressed, and clean.
- Perfume or cologne should never be strong. The smell could cause an allergic reaction or just be unpleasant. When in doubt, rather go without.
The following tips are catered to help men with their professional appearance:
- Minimize jewellery. Try not to wear a chain or anything other than a tie around your back.Limit it to one ring per hand and a nice watch.
- Be sure that your haircut is short and that you are cleanly shaven.
- Be sure to wear shoes that you would consider lace-up dress shoes. The colour should be able to blend well with your pants – don’t let them stand out too much.
- Your socks should preferably be up to your calves or above. Try to select neutral colourslike grey, black, or dark blue.
- Keep in mind that your belt should match your shoes.
Tips for women:
- Try not to wear earrings that dangle or have other distracting embellishments like feathers. You should only have one ring per hand and no more. A good idea is to accessorise with a smart-looking dress watch.
- Your shoes should not be the focal point of your ensemble, try to wear low pumps or flat shoes in non-bright colours.
- Choose between a briefcase and a purse, don’t carry both.
- Try for a more natural look when applying your makeup. Your nails should preferably be clear of distracting nail art and colour.
- Your clothing should not have details that distract from your face like having a low neckline, tight-fitting, or transparent.
- The length of your dress or skirt should be knee-length or longer.
The clothing you wear has a direct link to your confidence, attitude, and the image you project. Make sure you are dressing with the intent of success! If you want to be confident and successful in all aspects of life you need to dress the part.
- 14 Tips for Your First Job Interview - September 5, 2019
- How to Land Your First Job in Electronics Engineering - September 3, 2019
- What’s a Self-Directed Apprenticeship? The Secret to Scoring High-Earning Roles - September 3, 2019