In today’s competitive world, just a graduate or a post-graduate is not perceived as a good foundation to begin your career in Finance. Which is why, in order to gain a competitive edge over others, you need to take up certain short-term courses that are more focused and specialised programme.
Short courses in finance are considered of high importance as they open many employment scopes for the candidates and also gives them a good base for further studies. Here is a list of financial academic programmes that are right short courses for career path enhancement.
- Financial Risk Management: Financial Risk Management (FRM) course is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge about a wide variety of functions related to risk management within investment banks. It is a globally recognised professional designation, typically for financial risk managers that can differentiate you from your peers by providing you with a competitive advantage.
- Certified Financial Planner: Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is a certificate level financial planning program that covers a vast range of discipline pertaining to planning, monitoring, directing, organising and controlling of the financial resources of an enterprise. This course on financial planning is the process of meeting an individual’s monetary goals through the proper management of their finances.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance: A postgraduate diploma in banking and finance (PGDBF) is a course that is tailor-made for students who aspire to work in multi-national companies as financial managers. This short-term programme not only provides students the knowledge of the fundamentals of banking and finance but also enhances their managerial and technical skills, simultaneously. It focuses on microfinance and global perspective in banking and finance which in turn help students to know more about banking and finance industry of a particular nation.
- Chartered Financial Analyst programme: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is a globally-recognised professional credential in financial management and investment offered by CFA Institute. It is generally regarded as the world’s most respected and recognised designation in investment management. Being one of the most sought-after designations for investment professionals, it is appropriate for students who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of the investment industry, further increasing their chances of landing into a high paying job.
- Financial Modelling: Financial modelling trains students to work with previous information of companies in order to analyse whether the industry’s performance on relevant financial parameters. Students will gain hands-on experience in employing this analysis as an input to build financial models, as well as make financial decisions like the viability of projects, valuation of companies and price targets for stocks.
Apply to any of the courses today and begin your journey through the innovative themes that the accounting and investment industry entails.
Latest posts by Jack O'Connell (see all)
- What is Hospitality Management? Career Opportunities with Hospitality Management Degree - February 18, 2020
- Checklist of Documents You Need When Applying for a Mortgage - February 17, 2020
- Turnover Turbulence: Understanding The Impact Of High Employee Turnover - January 30, 2020